‘A varied and well balanced menu…’
To quote a recent Ofsted report on The Rocking Horse Nursery, ‘Children enjoy a varied and well-balanced menu of meals and snacks’.
All our meals are nutritious and we encourage children to explore and enjoy all kinds of ingredients, tastes and textures. We work to the government guidelines of five portions of fruit and vegetables a day and for our youngest children we can mash or purée, as required, or serve an alternative meal.
Special dietary needs can also be catered for and we welcome suggestions to our snack and mealtime menus via our suggestion box and meal suggestion requests.
Hot meals are provided by Kingswood Catering who also supply meals to many of the primary schools in the area. Kingswood prides itself on offering freshly prepared nutrition packed meals and you can find out more by visiting their website at: www.kingswoodcatering.co.uk
And finally, but by no means least, The Rocking Horse Nursery has been inspected and awarded the highest rating of 5 stars by the local authority environmental health department endorsing that the nursery operates to the requirements of the food hygiene law.
- Breakfast is served to children arriving before 8.30am, and after, if requested.
- Mid-morning snack is a variety of fresh seasonal fruit, fruit smoothies and healthy snacks.
- Lunch is a healthy hot meal.
- Mid-afternoon snack is a variety of fresh seasonal fruit, fruit smoothies and healthy snacks.
- Tea is based on children’s favourites from children’s and parents’ suggestions.
- All dietary requirements can be catered for: allergies, free from, vegetarian, likes and dislikes.
- Drinks are readily available throughout the day.